In order for this mouthpiece to protect, fit, and last, it must be worn properly on the teeth and gums as indicated in the fitting instructions. If any mouthguard is not worn properly and / or is chewed, its protection, fit, and durability will be greatly diminished. For best fit, please follow this instruction:
- Fill saucepan with water. Bring water to a boil. Remove water from heat source. Immediately place Shock Doctor Mouth Piece into water for 12 seconds (10 seconds for braces).
- Lick lips before placing mouthpiece around all upper teeth. Bite down firmly and push tongue against roof of mouth. With a strong sucking motion, draw out all air and water. Use fingers to press mouth piece tight against the gums.
- Rinse under cold water for 30 seconds to set.
- If you do not get a proper fit the first time, repeat procedure.
- To remove excess material that causes discomfort, trim Shock Doctor mouth guard with small scissors a little at a time.