In order for this youth mouth piece to protect, fit, and last, it must be worn properly on the teeth and gums as indicated in the fitting instructions. If any mouthguard is not worn properly and / or is chewed, its protection, fit, and durability will be greatly diminished. For best fit, please follow this instruction:
- Fill saucepan with 3 to 4 inches of water. Bring water to a boil, and attach tether. Remove water from heat source. Let water stand for 30 seconds, then place mouthguard in water for 75 seconds. Do not exceed heating time.
- Carefully remove mouth guard from hot water with a slotted spoon. Cool mouthguard under tap water for 1‐2 seconds only to bring surface temperature to a comfortable level.
- Lick your lips before placing mouthguard in your mouth. Watching in mirror, line up mouthguard carefully with the centerline of upper teeth. Fit mouthguard onto and around upper teeth and press
firmly into molars first then front teeth.
- Bring lower jaw forward and up into base of mouthguard with teeth in alignment with lower channel. Bite down hard on mouthguard, suck in strongly, and use fingers to press edges of mouthguard into teeth and gum line through lips and cheeks for 20 seconds.
- Remove mouthguard and cool under tap water for 30 seconds. Replace into mouth and test for a good, firm fit.
- If you do not get a proper fit the first time, repeat entire procedure.