This soccer drill works on a goalkeeper's proper diving technique within a fast-paced soccer game-like situation.
- Set up triangular "goals" cones 12 feet apart
- Players A, B & C each have a ball
- Keeper starts at Cone 1
- Player A rolls ball towards Cone 2 (Scoring is not important here.)
- The keeper dives and stops ball from hitting the come, returning it to Player A as quickly as possible.
- Keeper then gets into ready position at Cone 2.
- Player B then rolls the ball to Cone 3, etc.
- Run drill in a circle for 60-90 seconds
NEXT DRILL: Coaching Soccer: Training Plan #1 »