In this attacking soccer drill, time favors the defense, so soccer strikers must take their shots without delay. Watching one of your soccer players taking an eternity to tee-up a shooting opportunity is one of the most frustrating things for a coach. This soccer drill will give the group loads of soccer practice at finishing shots under pressure.
- Organize the group into two teams and pair them up, the keeper is neutral.
- The first player from each team stand together facing the coach.
- The coach lobs the ball over their heads and they turn and compete for the ball.
- They play until the ball is dead - goal, save or ball out of the area.
- The next pair step up quickly for their turn, after each round make sure everybody has a new opponent.
- Make it competitive - Award a point for shot on target and two points for a goal