(Last updated: May 5, 2011)
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to our Policy, we will post a new policy on our Site and update the “last updated” date set forth above. Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use the Service to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect two basic types of information with our Service, namely personal information and aggregate information. As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a first and last name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or other account number), and demographic and other information about an individual when directly linked to personally identifiable information. A user name may be personal information if it includes personally identifying information such as a first and last name.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use our Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. This policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information, and we may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Those are the types of personal and other information we collect. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect this information:
Information You Give Us.
We collect information you give us at various times when you register with us and use our Service. Examples include the following:
Registration and Transaction Information.
When you register to use the Service, we may collect various kinds of contact information about you including, for example, your name, e-mail address, birth date, country of residence, and zip code. We may also collect demographic information that you provide to us. You will also be asked to create a user-chosen ID and password for your use when accessing the Service. You may be asked to choose a secret question and answer for purposes of password retrieval. If you choose to purchase premium services from the Service, you will be asked to provide payment information, such as a credit card.
Use of Services and Interactive Areas of Site.
Personal information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with participating in interactive areas on the Site or using the Service. For example, you may submit for posting on the Site images that could reasonably be used to identify you, and written statements and descriptions that could be used to identify you. Several categories of this information are optional, and you will have the ability to edit or remove much of this information at any given time.
Submissions and Customer Service.
From time-to-time we may post surveys, contests or sweepstakes on our Service, which may request personal or demographic information and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to participate and disclose information. We may also collect personal information if you provide it via e-mail, message boards, or other interactive services. Please do not post any information that you expect to keep private. In addition, we may collect and retain information that identifies you personally when you send us comments, questions or suggestions.
Automatically Collected Information.
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you use the Service, our systems may automatically collect your IP address and the type of operating system or browser you use. We may also collect information pertaining to your account activity, information pertaining to the files accessed or used by you, transactional information, and standard access information, such as the time and date of accessing the Service, and usage of the Service. We use such information to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about Service usage. We may also correlate this information with personal information through the use of backend analytical tools.
“Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and Web bugs) are tiny graphic files placed on a Web page which send a signal when a user has visited that page, allowing the site to collect standard access information, such as time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We use Web beacons to help manage the effectiveness of our online advertising and to gather access information, such as counting the users who have visited those pages and compiling aggregated statistics about site usage.
Information about Children Under 13.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Internal Use of Personal Information.
In general, we use personal information internally to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and to otherwise serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our Service. For example, personal information may be used:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Site and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about our or a third party’s services, products, activities, special events or offers and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to provide products or services or complete transactions you have requested and to process payments in connection therewith;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site, to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints, to perform after-sales services, to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service, to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development, and to create and inform you of new products and services from Weplay that better meet your needs;
- to generate a customer profile for you and to select specific advertisements for you to view;
- to notify contest winners; and
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Please note that we may use your personal information in correlation with information collected by one of our partners or advertisers. Also, as mentioned above, we may correlate your personal information with automatically collected information through the use of backend analytical tools.
You should review the following section to understand when Weplay discloses personal information to non-affiliated third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except (i) when we have your permission, (ii) to third party service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us., (iii) as part of a business transfer, or (iv) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Consent. Unless you give us your consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who assist us in operating and managing the Site, the Service or our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. For example, we may share your personal information with companies who are fulfilling orders, processing payment or other information, or administering surveys on our behalf. We may also share personal information with service providers who are performing internal analysis of the Site on our behalf, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. In some cases, the Service Provider may be directly collecting the information from you on our behalf. In the event that we use third party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the Service is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and transferred as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Service or fulfill products, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of Weplay and Others. We may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of Weplay, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Please be aware that we may provide links to third party Web sites as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these Web sites’ privacy policies will differ from those of Weplay. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY; DATA STORAGE
Reasonable effort will be taken to prevent unauthorized release, corruption, or loss of your personal and project data. For example, we limit which teams at Weplay have access to your personally identifiable information.
Personal information submitted by you is stored and maintained in our database and may be archived elsewhere. Our records are stored indefinitely, as are our archival backup copies. Weplay generates automatic backups of all system data. These backups are transferred using commercially reasonable efforts such as secure technology, and are stored on systems that are only accessible by authorized employees of Weplay and our third-party vendors and partners. We also use encryption for processing sensitive information. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your account information and access to our Service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site and Service by any person using your account user ID and password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account user ID and password have been misused.
If Weplay learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Weplay may also post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach, you should notify us at email@example.com.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Service, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information, or remove your profile entirely from our database, simply by logging into the Service and editing your profile, or by contacting our customer support. Generally, you should be careful when making any personal information available to the public.
Users may “opt in” or “opt out” to receive marketing or promotional communications or solicitations from Weplay on our behalf on behalf of third parties. Users may also “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving communications directly from third parties. However, this shall not affect our ability to send you service and account related emails or to use your personal information as otherwise described in this Policy.
By using our Site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Weplay, we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. Please note that your personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws of your country. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not register for the Service.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as “California Disclosure Information.”
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.